If there are any additional questions or queries you have, whether for this upcoming September admissions or looking ahead to the future, please do not hesitate to get in touch – there is no question too big or too small! You will find my contact details at the bottom of this page. I very much look forward to meeting you all at some point soon as you look to start your secondary school adventure with us here at Rugby Free Secondary School.
The move from primary school to secondary school is one that is often faced with a mixture of emotions; excitement, nerves, hope for the future, but a fear of the unknown. My hope is that this page is able to allay some of those fears by providing you with answers to many of the questions you may have around this transition process.
Year 7: Transition
Hello and welcome to RFSS!
What can I expect in Year 7?
Top Tips for Transition
- Get organised! Make sure your bag, equipment and anything else you need is packed the night before. Double check your planner and timetable to make sure you haven’t forgotten anything.
- Look the part! Try on your uniform before the first day so you can check you feel comfortable and everything fits just right. Double check it meets all the requirements of RFSS before you start.
- Plan your route! Practice how you will get to school so it’s one less thing to worry about on your first day. It might help to see if anyone else is travelling the same way as you and arrive together! You can also check your timings so you won’t be late.
- Be brave! Everyone will be nervous and you may not be the only person who doesn’t know anyone else. Take the first step and just say “hello!”.
- Ask for help! No one will expect you to remember everything or know everything for the first few weeks. There will always be someone you can talk to.
- Study your day! Know the timings of the school day, when is break? When is lunch? What time do you need to be at school and when do you leave? Remember to be on time for school.
- Study your school! Check out a map of the school as soon as you can, it will help you to have a picture in your mind of where you’re going before you even get there.
- Try new things! Get excited about all the new and exciting opportunities you will have at secondary school to try something you’ve never done before. Join as many clubs as possible and get involved in school life – it's a great way to make new friends quickly!
- Enjoy it! You will always remember your first day of secondary school and it almost always goes far better than you think it will and you’ll wonder what you ever felt nervous about!
Feeling nervous? Not sure how to prepare?
Try visiting the sites below to find some great resources and advice about transition.
For further enquiries or questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Come and join us for a chance to experience fun
taster sessions of secondary school subjects and
participate in all the activities below! The week will
conclude with a celebration event for parents to
join on Friday afternoon.